Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
In October 2017, David quit his job to get back to a more adventurous life again. Therefore, he bought a camper van and decided to travel eastwards to the vast and unknown countries of central asia. And of course you can’t leave your friends behind. The idea of JoinMyRide was born.
Some Key Facts:
- The first travel group of JoinMyRide will travel from David’s hometown Wunsiedel, Germany via his current residence Munich to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia in a camper van with a capacity of hosting 5-6 persons (VW LT 31 Karman).
- JoinMyRide is offering places to friends, but also to other people who think they might fit in the team. Contact us!
- Travelers can hop on and hop off in order to guarantee always a good mix 😉
- The trip will last over 25.000km and lead through 15 countries.
- We have all kinds of outdoor equipment with us on board. Paragliders, skis, mountain bikes, kajaks and kite surfing equipment will ensure unforgettable outdoor adventures along the trip. We will definitely never get bored!
- A mobile sound system will ensure memorable parties at exceptional places along the long way east 😉
- The final destination of the trip is Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, where the second travel group of JoinMyRide will take over for more adventures.
- Eastern Europe: The trip will start with ski-touring in Eastern Europe. Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria will be our first stops to shred some nice untouched backcountry powder.
- Turkey: After a short stop in Greece, we will enter Asia via the Bosporus and start our Turkey adventure. There the skis have to be packed away for a while to get the paragliders into the air as well as the mountain bikes and the kajaks into action.
- Caucasus: We will leave Turkey in eastern direction and will enter the Caucasus with stops in Georgia and Azerbaijan. Breathtaking hike and fly and mountain climbing adventures, biking and kajaking actions as well as super interesting cities like Tbilisi and Baku are awaiting us.
- Iran: We will enter Iran via Azerbaijan and are looking forward to be welcomed by the friendliest people on earth. Iran is the jewel in Islam’s crown, combining glorious architecture with a warm-hearted welcome. Flying in the terrific sceneries of one of the most beautiful countries on earth topped up with some decent moutain climbing and -biking adventures is what we are aiming for.
- Central Asia: After crossing Turkmenistan and Usbekistan we will take the legendary Pamir Highway and travel through Tadschikistan. The stunning mountain scenery of the Himalaya will guarantee spectacular flights in unspoiled nature and altitudes and other outdoor experiences. After that Kyrgyzhstan and Kazachastan are also promising travel destinations on our way towards Mongolia.
- Mongolia: In Mongolia we will experience once more a gigantic country with spectacular flights in incredibly nice sceneries. Luckily we will be there during the Naadam festival to compete in “the three games of men” ;-).
- Russia: Russia will be the last country on our trip. After a stop at the terrific Baikal lake, the first travel group will hand over the camper van.
Here we keep you updated about our adventure!
The fasted link to our adventures are our Instagram posts
More detailed information you can here in our blog entries